I am Suprina Gurung, a graphic designer and the theme of my work focuses on identity, representation of women of colour and culture. I am experienced in practice-based social justice.
Currently working at Shades of Noir as a Content and Archival developer.
Shades of Noir is an organisation that creates a safe space for marginalised groups as they encourage and confront the issues and oppressive structures both in Higher Education and society.
Selected published work:
Content and Archival Developer - September 2019 till present.
- In charge of creating two original pieces of content each week. This requires me to research topics and discussions happening in our community (not only in the U.K).
- Along with producing and delivering written contents, I also produce visual contents (photography, collage, illustration, videos) and imageries as article headings.
- As an archivist for Shades Of Noir, I am responsible to digitise and publish artefacts, and also conduct interviews (which has also been published in their Terms Of Reference Journals )
- Organising interviews, transcribing, editing and publishing interviews across the site.
- Web designing their Tell Us About It: Interviews page and the upcoming "Our Legacy: Shades of Noir" website.
Design and Content Development Assistant - July 2019.
Camberwell Festival - Degree show - Camberwell College of Arts, 2019.
Work in Progress Show - BA Graphic Design - Hoxton Street Studios, 2019.
Channel 24 hour broadcast - Camberwell College of Arts, 2018.
Gutenberg Galaxy - The Bear, Camberwell, 2017.
Spaces of Encounters - Beckenham Park Place, 2017.
Mock-up: Design x Fashion - Camberwell College of Arts, 2017.